Saturday 11 January 2014

Chapter 31

Gary's POV

My wound begins to burn from the sand and the saltiness of the sea. "W...w...why...? Please...i can't be doing with games..." Clinging to the side of my head i firmly close my eyes from the pain.
"No games...honest..." She holds out a hand placing it onto my reddened sun burnt shoulder causing me to flinch, causing more sand to enter my wound
"OUCHHH!"
"Easy...easy...here..." Carefully she places her baby onto the sand unwrapping the silk material which was wrapped around it. "You need to keep it covered...we don't want any infections..." Watching the woman begin to wrap my stomach in the thin cloth i can't keep my eyes off her. She's different from the rest who is on the island. For one she speaks differently and she's actually helping me.
"How...how are you going to help me...?"
"My husband...he has a boat...here...hidden in the middle of the island under a few broken down palm trees..." Glancing at my naked body she smiles sympathetically at me. That's when it strikes me.
"Erm... no offence, but... i'm engaged..."
Her eyes widen by my response, but her surprised look soon fades as she giggles softly cradling her young child again.
"Don't worry... i'm not after anything...as soon as it gets darker meet me in this exact place... everyone will be asleep getting caught is the last thing you need. I mean... if they know that you're escaping you wont make it off here alive." Taking a deep breath she softly kisses her baby's forehead whilst closing her eyes for a brief moment. "...and as soon as you get off this island you must go to the hospital before anything else."

Squinting my eyes i carefully sit up to get a better look at the female. "Why are you helping me Miss...er...-"
" My name is Tiarna... but you can call me Tia." She holds out a steady hand into my direction which after a few seconds we exchange a friendly handshake.
"Nice to meet you Tia...i'm Gary."
"Gary...you're a very handsome man, Gary..." Again she glances at me a little longer, her eyes work their way up from my legs and back to my eyes. "...And i also hear you're a doctor...impressive."
"T...Thanks...er...but back to my question....why are you actually helping me?"
Her cheerful face saddens into a more pained look. "It's hard being a single Mum...trust me...I wouldn't like your child to grow up without a father who would be an outstanding role model to them.."
"Single Mum...? But you said you are ma-"
"I am... I am married..."
Rattling my brains i pull a confused look at her. "I haven't got time for games... i've told you that..."
"My husband was on this island with me... before...before...t...they...killed him." Her lips tremble and she holds her baby closer to her chest.
"O...oh...gosh...i'm sorry to hear that... why on earth would they do such a thing? Leaving you with this little one..." Stretching out a single finger i brush it against the little boy's hand.
"He didn't know. The boat...it was how we ended up here we lost control and the waves washed us out here on this...this hell hole! Luckily the boat is still sort of in tact... we tried to escape days after ending up here, but..." Shaking now she grips to her bottom lip. "They got him...they dragged me away...and...and....and..."
"Ssssh....come here..." Without causing myself too much pain with my fresh wounds i wrap my arms carefully around her showing support.
-------------------------------------------------
Chloe's POV

We never made it to the airport instead we decided to stay at a hotel, but even though we're skint Mark decided to commit fraud by using Gary's credit cards. Luckily for us Mark knows exactly how to sign Gary's signature...that will be mentioned in the future as in why he's been practising it. "You're so...so beautiful...Chloe.." Mark growls against my neck as he almost drags me through the door of our room. The state of my mind at the minute i haven't a clue what's going on in the surroundings. He continues to trace my neck and jaw line with his lip, as our hands lace together. "G...Gary..." Quietly i moan resting my head against the wall which my back's pressed against.
"N...no hunny...Mark...my name is Mark...Gary isn't here anymore..." He speaks during kisses. Snapping my eyes open his words bring me back to reality. What the hell am i doing?! What are we both doing in fact!
"M...Mark...get off..." Nudging against his chest surprisingly he's gotten much stronger during this embrace.
"Come on... stop fussing...there's nothing wrong...we're just two friends..." Claiming my lips his hands press onto my stomach which causes me to lash out.
"STOP!" Loudly i call hitting my hand against his face causing it to echo in the room.

Mark steps back a little holding his cheek looking stunned over my actions. "Woah...what's gotten into you?! You started this...jeez."
Tears spring to my eyes, as i softly stroke my stomach. "Are you forgetting about Gary? We can't do this... we can never do this, ok? It was a mistake...my emotions are all over the place." Mark turns his back on my pinching the bridge of his nose.
"Seriously this has to stop!" Raising his voice he places his hands onto my shoulders. "Gary...Gary isn't coming back, and sitting around here moaning about it isn't going to bring him back...i'm sorry, but it's true. You need to think of the child's health...or that will be something else you're going to loose." Silence fills the room as my jaw drops in shock over Mark's comments. "....C...Chloe...i'm-" Nervously he tries to brush away a tear which escapes my eye, but before he does i angrily grip to his wrist. "Chloe...i...i didn't..." More tears begin to stream down my face whilst i quickly run to the bedroom locking the door behind me. Closing my eyes i slowly slide down the closed door dropping to my knees where i breakdown.
--------------------
Stirring in my sleep i get restless in bed. "Chloe...baby..." A voice echoes around my ears.
"Mmmhmm?"
"Chloe...i'm home...baby...?"
"Gary?!" The voice sounds exactly like Gary's as it seeps into my room like a windy breeze. There's a tall shadow outside my window which causes my heart rate to increase. It's him! He's actually found me! Slipping out of bed i pull back the curtains to find nothing but a tree standing beside my window. Releasing a deep sigh i cup my face. "I'm going mad...completely mad..." A good nights sleep is needed...if i can manage to actually get one. Walking back to the bed i step onto the silk duvet which causes me to slip, as i fall against the bedside table with a loud thud. A sharp pain fills my stomach. "ARRGHH!" Crying out loudly i hold tight to my stomach. This cannot be happening not now!



No comments:

Post a Comment